Poly-Cast New Part Introduction (NPI) Process
One thing we do not compromise on is customer satisfaction and to assure that Poly-Cast has developed a rigorous process for introducing new parts into our production facility – whether those parts have never been produced before or something that is coming to us from another supplier. Therefore, the primary focus for the engineering team at Poly-Cast are Tooling and Project Management. Through these two departments, quality, deliverability and assurance of supply are designed into the products that are introduced into manufacturing.
This NPI discipline comprises:
- Early involvement of Engineering with the customer by a Poly-Cast Project Manager and Tooling Engineer utilizing ProEngineer and Moldflow Part Advisor as design aids.
- Selection and involvement of tool making vendor prior to design release.
- Strict adherence to the Poly-Cast NPI procedure, ensuring systems-driven execution of tool build through product approval for manufacturing.
- Clear and regular communication with the customer to status project progression; maintain customer involvement in key decisions regarding product optimization.
- For Transportation related industries, Poly-Cast project management is compliant to APQP, 1994
If you have any questions about Poly-Cast’s NPI Process, please contact email@example.com or phone Kim Tuckey direct at (503) 624-4431.